Cancellation and Refund Policy
Refund Policy When a student gives notice of cancellation, Phlebotomy Geek Training will provide a refund in the amount of at least the following:
1) (a) Any student applying for a program that has been discontinued by the school shall receive a complete refund of all fees and/or tuition paid. It is the policy of Phlebotomy Geek Training to issue refunds of tuition and fees in a prompt manner. Students must give notification to Phlebotomy Geek Training in person, by phone, by email or by registered mail of their intention to withdraw from a program or course.
(b) When notice of cancellation is given before midnight of the fifth business day after the date of enrollment but prior to the first day of class, all registration fees, tuition, and any other charges shall be refunded to the student.
(c) When notice of cancellation is given after midnight of the fifth business day following acceptance but prior to the close of business on the students first day of class attendance, the school may retain no more than the registration fee which may not exceed $100 or 60% of the cost of tuition, whichever is less.
(d) When notice of cancellation is given after the student's completion of the first day of class attendance, but prior to the student’s completion of 5% of the course of instruction, the school may retain the application-registration fee, an amount not to exceed 10% of the tuition and other instructional charges or $100, whichever is less.
2) When a student has completed in excess of 5% of the course of instruction the school may retain the application-registration fee but shall refund a part of the tuition and other instructional charges in accordance with whichever of the following applies:
(a) Phlebotomy Geek Training will retain an amount computed pro rata by days in class plus 10% of tuition and other instructional charges up to completion of 60% of the course of instruction. When the student has completed in excess of 60% of the course of instruction, the school will retain the application-registration fee and the entire tuition and other charges.
3) The refund policy for the short courses up to 20 clock hours shall refund pro rata up to 60% completion of the course.
4) A student, who on personal initiative and without solicitation enrolls, starts and completes a course of instruction before midnight of the fifth business day after the enrollment agreement is signed, is not subject to the cancellation provisions of this section.
5) Applicants not accepted by the school shall receive a refund of all tuition and any fees paid within 30 calendar days of determination of non-acceptance are made.
6) Deposits or down payments shall become part of the tuition.
7) All student refunds to students shall be made by the school within 30 calendar days from the date of determination that the student is no longer enrolled in the program.
8) A student may give notice of cancellation to the school in writing. The unexplained absence of a student from school for more than 14 days shall constitute constructive notice of cancellation to the school. For purposes of cancellation, the date shall be the last day of attendance.
9) A school may make refunds which exceed those prescribed in this section. If the school has a refund policy that returns more money to a student than those policies prescribed in this section, that refund policy must be filed with the Superintendent.
10) Phlebotomy Geek Training will refund any book and materials fees when:
(a) the book and materials are returned to the school unmarked and if a media package is included, the media package has not been opened or removed; and
(b) the student has provided the school with a notice of cancellation.
11) Phlebotomy Geek Training will refund all monies paid to it in any of the following circumstances:
(a) The school did not provide the prospective student with a copy of the students valid enrollment agreement and a current catalog or bulletin;
(b) the school cancels or discontinues the course of instruction the student has enrolled in; or
(c) the school fails to conduct classes on days or times scheduled, detrimentally affecting the student.
12) Phlebotomy Geek Training reserves the right to make revisions in the course of instruction during the period of the student’s enrollment.